I don’t have shower thought’s so gym thoughts are my thing. My showers are nice and quick so can rush out and get to work.
For a few who know me. I used to be a national level body building competitor in the IFBB and NABBA/WFF federation. Now, I don’t train as intense as I used to but spend my time in the gym to keep healthy and to think. I mentor a young lass a Project Manager who works for a defence systems company – we often spend 20-30 min in the morning doing cardio chatting away about work.
So this morning it occurred to me things that require ‘Zero’ talent which can make you a great person and team member clustered into 10 main categories.
- Passion – having passion for your work and the thing you do. What gets you up in the morning and excites you.
- Coach-able – being able coach-able to help shape the person your need to become to succeed. To be able to take constructive criticisms, being open to new ideas and different ways of working.
- Attitude – showing up with a good and positive attitude to work is noticeable by everyone. Such as being a team player, leaving your personal problems at home and not taking it to work.
- Effort – putting the effort into your work, attention to detail, caring and trying your best as you can.
- Energy – bringing in the right vibes and how you show up to make a difference.
- Being on time – being respectful of everyone’s time
- Work ethic – modelling good working behaviour to produce value consistently and modelling good behaviours
- Body language – awareness of how you present yourself through your body posture, facial expression, tone of voice and attitude.
- Doing the extra – going the extra mile to help others, caring and listening.
- Being prepared – for meetings, how you are showing up to work, preparation for the next day and being prepared to help others.
Keen to hear your thoughts!